“We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialized calling of our movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.”*
- We believe that the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments are infallible, inspired by God and inerrant in their original manuscripts.
- We believe in one God, revealed in the Bible, who created the universe and who eternally exists in three persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was miraculously born of a virgin and is fully God and fully man.
- We believe that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, and willingly gave up His life to atone for the sins of man by dying on the cross in their place; He also rose from the dead, conquering the power of sin.
- We believe that people were originally created in God’s image but because of disobedience they (and all who would come after them) have come under divine condemnation. Every person is in need of salvation.
- We believe that salvation is a gift from God to those who accept Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on their behalf. No amount of human effort can earn or add to the gift of salvation.
- We believe that when a believer dies, he/she will spend eternity in the presence of God; when an unbeliever dies, he/she will spend eternity separated from God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit lives within each believer to empower him/her to live the Christian life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to the earth one day to fulfill God’s eternal plans.
*Tidewind Ministries is in agreement with this statement made by Cru at the beginning of their statement of faith: https://www.cru.org/us/en/about/statement-of-faith.html